Customer loyalty is our favorite word and topic! Because we have created an entire customer loyalty platform that is built to make brands easy to love. But what is customer loyalty and what does it mean for retailers? Let’s get into it.
To describe customer loyalty in measurable terms, it’s when a person keeps coming back to buy from you, with high frequency and high average receipts. A loyal customer also wants to share your brand with others and spread the word! But if you think all this happens just by providing good products – you’re wrong. There’s a line of criteria that needs to be met for your customers to become loyal and stay loyal. For example:
- Seamless experience from the first touchpoint and bringing the product home – to getting advice on how to take care of it, and continue to get relevant product recommendations for future purchases
- Personalized communication in all channels
- A relevant membership program that the customer values and sees as beneficial
Bottom line – the customer needs to feel unique, valued, seen, and appreciated to become loyal. This will lead to more purchases and increased revenue.
Read more: Customer retention management in retail
Now, what is a customer loyalty platform?
A customer loyalty platform is where you make all the stuff from the previous paragraph happen! It’s where you handle everything that has to do with your loyalty program. Create customized rewards, gamification campaigns, set up recruitment processes, and take care of your customers the way they deserve.
Read more: Increase sales through a loyalty program
What are the benefits?
It’s no secret that it’s way more cost-effective to keep existing customers than to attract and acquire new customers over and over. In fact, acquiring a new customer is five times more expensive than retaining an existing one. That is seriously worth taking into consideration and it’s why loyalty is such an important factor for your brand. Investing in a customer loyalty platform that makes working towards customer loyalty fun – is therefore a no-brainer.
Read more: How to manage loyalty in retail
The customer loyalty platform in Voyado
Voyado is one platform with the power of seven. This means the loyalty feature is just one of our superpowers! But customer loyalty is what it all boils down to, so our loyalty solution is a pretty big deal. These are some examples of what you can do:
Letting customers collect points that convert into rewards is an easy and effective way to earn loyalty. It creates a win-win scenario – customers earn rewards by shopping from you, and you sell more! What the rewards are and when the criteria for them are met, is up to you! Sky’s the limit, but make sure the rewards are something that your customers appreciate and want more of, to keep shopping. One common reward that many retailers use is vouchers, and they are super simple to create.
- Name the voucher, choose for which segment it should apply, set a time, and bam – there you have it. Add a voucher module to your email template, and if Voyado is integrated with your POS, the voucher will appear there as well.
Whether you call your levels rising star or legend or create different avatars for different types of memberships – the members are treated differently. Take care of all of it in Voyado, by for example:
- Qualifying a customer for a personal offer or reward
- Inviting a customer to exclusive events
- Offer extended customer service
- Trigger automated communication when a level changes, or is about to change
Gamification in your customer loyalty platform
Gamification is everywhere these days. Why? Because it’s fun! Especially in retail, where gamification increases the customer experience, enhances connections with the customer, and builds your brand. It lets your customers know that you are creative and that you dare to go beyond the basics! Here is some gamification you can create through Voyado:
- Custom triggers – Through our API, you can start automation based on a specific event in an external system or source. The data can be used to set entry criteria in automation, split the automation, or to personalize content in your communication. For example, give the customer extra points when shopping for organic products, or when they recycle old clothes. You can also work with triggers and points when a customer interacts with you on social media, recommends a product to a friend, or repair a broken zipper. If you’re an outdoor brand, give the customer extra point when they’ve climbed xx altitude meters!
- Stamp cards – Let your customers collect stamps with a digital stamp card! Define the rules that will be delivered to your customers when the card is filled. This way of rewarding customers never gets old!
Voyado’s customer loyalty platform for e-commerce
Online shopping needs to be a seamless experience for your members, or you’ll lose them! With Voyado’s solution, you have a lot of features that will help you achieve this.
– Membership recruitment through our customer loyalty platform
When a customer wants to become a member, the first impression is crucial! The registration needs to be as smooth as possible, and they have to feel welcomed from the second they sign up. Set up registration forms in Voyado and simplify your online recruitment.
– My pages
Create a “my page” that reflects the information you have on each customer. This way, the customer can easily update contact information for example, and opt into communication. Make it playful and fun through gamification including personal offers, reward points, vouchers, achievements, and member levels. Adding a “my page” is pretty much a substitute for the staff in-store, as it makes the digital meeting between your brand and the customer more personal!
– Soft ID
Enable auto-identification through your emails with a soft ID! It keeps your contact identified when they click a link, which means they will be logged in to your site, access “my pages” and get a personal experience – a different view than all the other visitors on your site.
– Personal offers
This is pretty cool. You can create and assign personal offers to each customer and present them in your E-com. And yes, you can decide if the offer should be available online or in-store. Or both.
– Content population from PIM or E-com
You can automatically populate pictures, names, descriptions, and prices from your E-com platform or PIM in the emails you send through Voyado. It’s possible through a connection to your product feed. The content you populate will automatically be updated if, say, the price changes on one of your items. This is game-changing, especially if you’re working with email campaigns to different markets with different prices. Are you thinking what we’re thinking? Time-saver!
– Tracking script
By using Voyado’s tracking script you’ll learn how your customers act on your website. Use it to trigger automation through specific behaviors. Pretty cool! But hey, there’s more: you can also log products of interest and create segments based on this online data.
– Transactional communication
Create confirmation emails, shipping information, password emails, and newsletters – all in the same design. These emails are the ones with the highest opening rate, so use them to sell more! Do we need to say more?
– Personalized web
Who doesn’t want a personalized E-com site, right? Give every member a unique experience on your website. With Voyado, you can use your customer insights to promote recommended products and work with achievements and reward points to make your site personal and fun!
– Abandoned cart
Keep track of your customer’s abandoned carts and trigger personalized communication based on it. Did you know that those emails have an open rate of 50 percent, and at least 10 percent of those customers will go back and complete the purchase? Now you do.
Analyze your customer loyalty with Voyado
Honestly, we could go on and on about customer loyalty and our platform. But we understand you can’t hang out here all day. There’s still one last question to be answered though – can you analyze customer loyalty? Rest assured, yes you can.
See numbers on for examples:
- Number of contacts and the amount of communicable data
- Average purchase, average receipt, frequency of visits, and frequency of purchases
- Channel engagement – who shops in-store, online, or in both?
- Opening rates, clicks, response, and additional sales
- Customer lifetime value
Are you loving this loyalty feature?
Understandable! But you know what? You will be even more wowed when you see our platform and how everything works together, so just do it – set up a demo.