What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is exactly what it sounds like – a way to automate your marketing. It’s the most effective way to personalize your communication and be relevant in what you are offering every single customer. With well-functioning automated journeys, you can keep your customers engaged and active over time, leading to increased traffic to your site and higher conversions. Let’s look at some of the benefits of using retail marketing automation as part of your communication strategy.
How to use a marketing automation platform in retail and ecom
There are so many ways of using marketing automation in ecom and retail. But the common denominator for every workflow is to make sure you create an automation that is relevant for the receiver, based on previous actions. And when you use Voyado, marketing automation is just one of our six functions! They are all tied together – making it easy for you to collect, store, and act upon your customer data to reach customer loyalty and increase revenue. And marketing automation is the definition of acting on your data.
Benefits of using marketing automation
Here are some of the most crucial benefits of using marketing automation.
- Save time! Let marketing automation do a lot of your daily tasks for you
- Get truly personal with your customers without you having to lift a finger! Engage in 1 to 1 communication by sending personal recommendations of items the customer has taken an interest in
- Increase your cross and up sales by sending out recommended complementary items to increase the add-on value
- Find which channel to use to increase open and click rates by using A/B tests in your automation
- Increase brand loyalty – reinforce the customer’s decision to choose your brand over competitors
- Never lose a sale – abandoned cart automation increases the chance of a sale
- Prevent customers from leaving you by setting up successful win-back campaigns and anti-churn automation flows based on predictive churn scores
- Manage your loyalty program in an efficient and automatic way. Reward loyal customers and follow up on unredeemed campaigns
A common misconception is that marketing automation will take up a lot of your time and that if you’re a small team in marketing you may not have time to set them up. Nothing could be further from the truth! Here’s a bold idea, start by setting aside one day with no interruptions and you’ll be amazed by how much you alone can accomplish. In this short amount of time, you’ll be able to set up several automation workflows that will save so much time in the long run.
Read more: Top 5 trends in marketing automation 2021